As well as working with our diverse group of visitors, the successful candidate will be involved in the development and maintenance of activity facilities and equipment. You will also be required to work with horses (under supervision from our Stables team).
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and have strong interpersonal skills to manage and encourage the diverse range of visitors who undertake our activities.
- Have a good team ethic.
- Have the willingness to learn the key skills required to take on the instructor role at Calvert Trust Exmoor and an interest in working with people with disabilities.
- Be flexible and prepared to adapt in this demanding and ever changing environment.
- Have experience working in outdoor education.
- Have experience of or be willing to work with horses (under supervision and with training provided).
Experience of working with people with disabilities is not a requirement but would be advantageous.
- Single Pitch Award (RCI) or Climbing Wall Assessment (CWI) with Abseil
- BC UKCC Coach Level 1
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- First Aid trained
- BC UKCC Coach Level 2
- Archery Instructor award
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- Experience with archery and bush craft
- Driving licence
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to the Activities Manager at: email@example.com
Or by post to:
The Activities Manager (Mark Worfell)
Calvert Trust Exmoor
Barnstaple, North Devon