How to get to Calvert Trust Exmoor
Calvert Trust Exmoor is about 12 miles from Barnstaple, on the edge of Exmoor National Park. You can download our Travel Map if you need to find us; it’s an easy to use one page map with travel directions. We encourage our staff and guests to use public transport or car share wherever possible.
The closest bus stop to Calvert Trust Exmoor is at Blackmoor Gate, serviced by the 309 & 310 bus routes which run between Lynton and Barnstaple. Blackmoor Gate is approximately ½ a mile from the centre and the roads do not have pavements. We are happy to arrange collection and drop off for our guests from Blackmoor Gate bus stop. Please arrange this service at the time of making your booking.
Barnstaple is our nearest station. We are happy to arrange collection and drop off for our guests with a local, accessible, taxi firm from either Barnstaple (BNP) or Tiverton Parkway (TVP) stations. Please arrange this service at the time of making your booking.
The centre is around two hours’ drive from Bristol and Plymouth and just over an hour from Exeter.
From the M5:
- Leave the M5 at Junction 27, turn on to the A361 to Barnstaple.
- Follow the A361 for 25 miles.
- At North Aller Roundabout take the third exit onto the A399. This will be signposted to Blackmoor Gate, Brayford & Lynton. (There is a restaurant just after the first exit on the roundabout). Follow the A399 for 11 miles. When you pass Exmoor Zoo on your left you know that you are a mile or so away.
- Take a left turn (just after a parking layby on the left). This is signposted Calvert Trust Exmoor and Wistlandpound Reservoir.
- Follow this road for approx. ½ a mile. Calvert Trust Exmoor is on your left.
Calvert Trust Exmoor
The centre is at Grid Ref SS644 423, OS Landranger No 180.
Telephone: 01598 763221
Telephone (from Outside the UK); +441598 763221
The map below shows our location.