Calvert Exmoor is occasionally awarded bursary money from our supporters and benefactors.
This funding enables guests who require financial assistance towards a break at Calvert Exmoor.
Currently, we are able to cover:
- Between 10% – 30% off the total tariff for families and individuals
- Between 5% – 15% off the total tariff cost for groups and schools/organisations
Please bear in mind:
- One of the key criteria to be eligible for a bursary is financial need.
- Bursaries are discretionary and are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Guests who are in need of financial assistance are welcome to apply for a bursary at any time of the year.
- Previous bursary recipients are welcome to apply again for a bursary after 12 months but are unlikely to be awarded a bursary at the maximum percentage.
- Previous receipt of a bursary does not mean that you will be automatically eligible to receive one in the future.
- We are unable to award a bursary after a booking has already been paid in full.
- A bursary is only secured once the deposit has been paid and an amount allocated. The bursary guidelines may change at any time in order to manage bursary funds.
- Bursaries come from various funders and therefore have certain restrictions and/or requirements for allocation. Bursaries are often determined by location, circumstance, age and disability according to the funder’s aims and objectives. We are obligated to ensure that we allocate funds accordingly. Therefore, in some instances we may be unable to provide a bursary if an application does not fit a specific criterion and we do not have any remaining funds for unrestricted bursaries.
If you would like to be considered for a bursary, please call us on 01598 763221 to book a provisional date and to request a bursary application form.
The process of applying for a bursary starts with securing a booking with Calvert Exmoor.
Once the deposit has been paid on a booking, an application form will be sent to you. We must have received your application before your balance due date.
If it is a late booking (within 12 weeks of the arrival date), please speak to the Guest Services Team.
Once the application is received it is reviewed by our team. The Guest Services team will contact you to let you know the outcome.
If it is unsuccessful or you are unable to go ahead with the booking, a refund of the deposit payment may be requested.
Bursaries are only available for guests staying at Calvert Exmoor and are to assist directly with the cost of the stay. Unfortunately, we cannot offer bursary support for breaks outside of Calvert Exmoor, or towards travel costs and other associated costs.